Update to 1.16. User-visible changes:
* No globbing by default when extracting from or listing an archive.
* -l is now an alias of --check-links
Miscellaneous new options and bug fixes. For a complete list, see
(Only the first 10 of 14 ports in this commit are shown above. )
Update to 1.13.94 and jettison private FreeBSD modifications.
Notable changes in this release:
- Support for POSIX.1-2001 and ustar archive formats.
- Various option flag changes.
- New message translations.
- Bug fixes.
Stage 1 of system GNU tar upgrade to a modern version:
Merge all applicable bugfixes, local hacks and new features from the ancient
base system tar into the port, so those two are interchangeable.