The PostgreSQL Global Development Group announces the third beta release
of PostgreSQL 9.2, which will include major increases in performance and
both vertical and horizontal scalability. The PostgreSQL Project asks
all users to download and begin testing 9.2 beta 3 as soon as possible.
9.2 Beta 3 includes multiple bug fixes to earlier beta releases, fixing
almost all known outstanding issues as of last week. Among them are:
* Multiple documentation updates
* Apply translation updates
* Fixes to transaction log and replication issues with SP-GiST
* Replace libpq's "row processor" API with a "single row" mode.
* Fix WITH issue with set operations (UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT)
* Improvements to Autovacuum cancellation
* Multiple pg_upgrade fixes
* Fix memory leak in pg_recievexlog
* Restore statistics collection broken by change to bgwriter
* Prevent corner-case coredump with rfree().
If you previously tested 9.2 beta and found one or more bugs, please
test 9.2 beta 3 and make sure that those issues are resolved. If you
haven't yet tested 9.2, please help out the PostgreSQL project by
testing it now!
More information on how to test and report issues: