OpenTop contains framework classes that provide the features
you need to write network-centric, web-enabled and
internationalized applications in C++. It enables you to:
* create network clients and servers using either raw socket
facilities or higher-level protocols such as HTTP and FTP.
* create multi-threaded applications and manage synchronization
between threads using simple but effective threading
abstractions which are common to all platforms.
* use the full Unicode character range, using built-in
character types and standard string classes.
* use byte and character streams and manipulate files using an
API inspired by the excellent java.io package.
* take advantage of its open architecture by registering your
own (or third-party) classes to perform custom processing.
* write portable applications and extension libraries. OpenTop
is an ideal base on which to deliver cross-platform
solutions, benefitting independent software vendors and
corporate IT departments.
* integrate XML into your C++ applications with the C++ XML
Toolkit extension library.
Submitted by: Sergey Matveychuk <email@example.com>