- Use version-independent patching via sed
- Update to 2.17
- Add "-x NAME" to readelf in addition to "-x NUMBER".
- Add -i and -t switches to cxxfilt. -i disables the display of implementation
specific extra demangling information (if any) and -t disables the demangling
- Add support for the "@<file>" syntax to the command lines of all tools, so
that extra switches can be read from <file>.
- Add "-W/--dwarf" to objdump to display the contents of the DWARF
- Add "-t/--section-details" to readelf to display section details.
"-N/--full-section-name" is deprecated.
- powerpc-linux ld now supports a variant form of PLT and GOT for the security
conscious. This form will automatically be chosen when ld detects that all
code in regular object files was generated by gcc -msecure-plt. The old PLT
and GOT may be forced by a new ld option, --bss-plt.
- Add "-i/--inlines" to addr2line to print enclosing scope information
for inlined function chains, back to first non-inlined function.
- Add "-N/--full-section-name" to readelf to display full section name.
- Add "-M entry:<addr>" switch to objdump to specify a function entry address
when disassembling VAX binaries.
- Add "--globalize-symbol <name>" and "--globalize-symbols <filename>" switches
to objcopy to convert local symbols into global symbols.
Submitted by: Stanislav Sedov (maintainer)