[ 07:43:53 dougb ] bind98dns BIND DNS suite with updated DNSSEC and DNS64
Update to 9.8.0b1, which in addition to DNS64 support also has
the following new features:
* BIND now supports a new zone type, static-stub. This allows the
administrator of a recursive nameserver to force queries for a
particular zone to go to IP addresses of the administrator's choosing,
on a per zone basis, both globally or per view.
* BIND now supports Response Policy Zones, a way of expressing
"reputation" in real time via specially constructed DNS zones. See the
draft specification here:
* Dynamically Loadable Zones (DLZ) now support dynamic updates.
Contributed by Andrew Tridgell of the Samba Project.
* Added a "dlopen" DLZ driver, allowing the creation of external DLZ
drivers that can be loaded as shared objects at runtime rather than
having to be linked with named at compile time. Currently this is
switched on via a compile-time option, "configure --with-dlz-dlopen".
Note: the syntax for configuring DLZ zones is likely to be refined in
future releases. Contributed by Andrew Tridgell of the Samba Project.
* numerous GSS-TSIG improvements
* There is a new update-policy match type "external". This allows
named to decide whether to allow a dynamic update by checking with an
external daemon. Contributed by Andrew Tridgell of the Samba Project.
* many other improvements
Feature safe: yes