Update to 8.0.055.p057.
As Intel uses it's own directory for ifc and icc, we don't conflict with
Because of ABI changes, you have to recompile C++ programs (don't forget
Note that this port is a _work in progress_:
- Icc allows to use an already installed libstdc++ from gcc, this doesn't
work yet on FreeBSD. Libstdc++ on 4.x is too old, so it's unlikely we
can add support for it. The headers of libstdc++ shipping with FreeBSD
5.2-CURRENT use GCCisms not (yet) supported by icc, the hardcoded search
path for them also doesn't fit for FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT.
- We've incorporated parts (cxa) of the FreeBSD >= 502101 libc on < 502101
systems. It's tested on 4.x, but not on FreeBSD < 502101.
- Not all (new) options (including GCC compatibility) are thoroughly
When encountering problems please report to me first instead of directly
- Bradley T Hughes <email@example.com> for PR 59552, it resulted in
a modification of our libc (C++ DSO Object Destruction API) we
incorporate in the port on < 502101 systems.
- Marius Strobl <firstname.lastname@example.org> for his help with the port
(e.g. ld.c, cxa).