I am looking for an LTO tape library. Do you have one to spare?
Commit found by message id
Tue, 16 Nov 2004
[ 20:14:47 marius ] icclang Intels C/C++ compiler, set up to produce native FreeBSD binaries
- Update to 8.1.024.
- Declare a PATCH_DEPENDS on emulators/linux_base-8 only if actually using
RTPpatch to apply an Intel provided binary patch.
- Turn the GCC-compatibility of ICC on by default for FreeBSD >= 502108;
except for one bug which is worked around by this port and will be fixed
in src later FreeBSD gained support for using the GCC-compatibility along
with the patch to compile the kernel with ICC (but the ICC 8.0 series
wasn't configurable/hackable enough to actually use it on FreeBSD, which
resulted into the aforementioned bug).
- On FreeBSD >= 502108 default to using libstdc++ from the base as STL
instead of STLport unless "-cxxlib-icc" is passed to icpc (made possible
by turning on the GCC-compatibility and the compatibility to GCC 3.3 and
3.4 which was added to ICC 8.1). On FreeBSD < 502108 STLport i.e.
devel/stlport-icc is and will continue to be the only STL available.
Update the instructions displayed by the post-install target accordingly.
- Put the wrappers for glibc specific symbols and other GNU/Linux compat
hacks into their own library "libiccfbsd" and teach the ld-wrapper to
injected this lib instead of adding these things to the Intel libcxa and
libcxaguard. Beginning with ICC 8.1 non of the Intel libs is "guaranteed"
to be linked into resulting executable (this is actually a fix in ICC
as libcxa and libcxaguard are C++ only). This fixes linking against libm
with icc amongst other things .
- Clean the ld-wrapper up a bit. Stop trying to create a perfect world for
the real ld(1) regarding superfluous linkage options, ICC natively passes
far to many of them to the linker that we easily could remove them all.
- Change the ld-wrapper to allow for bootstrapping STLport in a bit
different way that we used to do it, required to make devel/stlport-icc
build correctly again.
- Use fmt(1) to print the infos displayed by the post-install target so
the text is formated properly after the included variables are expanded .
Todo: - Rework the freaking thread library selection via the PTHREAD_LIBS
environment variable by the ld-wrapper, this causes really annoying
problems when compiling ports with ICC. Some functionality analogous
to the GCC "-pthread" option (which is also known by ICC but is not
documented and doesn't do the right thing for FreeBSD) would be great.
- Make devel/stlport-icc build again with ICC 8.1 after devel/stlport
has been updated to 4.6.2 (PR 73604). Patch for 4.5.3 already done.
Reported by: Dan Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org> 
Courtesy of: netchild 
Approved by: netchild