|Commit found by message id
Wed, 4 Jan 2006
[ 21:29:17 edwin ] |
mail Powerful virus/spam scanning framework for mail gateways
[MAINTAINER] mail/MailScanner: update to 4.49.7
- Update to 4.49.7
* New Features and Improvements *
- Speed improvements for sendmail systems by changing the
way temporary files are handled and how attachments are parsed. This
should be really noticeable if I've got it right.
Thanks for the great help of the Vodafone SHARK team.
- Added speed improvements for Exim.
- Added speed improvements for Postfix.
- Now changes the command line listed in `ps` (ie $0) to show what
MailScanner is doing. Should help diagnose slow system problems.
- 4 new configuration options, which list patterns against which
and filetypes are matched to see if we should allow them or block
This is implemented for the benefit of web-based configuration systems
MailScanner, it is not really intended for human use as it will
the filename/filetype matching unless you understand it. Read the
in the MailScanner.conf and suggest better explanations!
"Allow Filenames", "Deny Filenames", "Allow Filetypes", "Deny
Note: There are 2 new entries in languages.conf so remember to
run an upgrade_languages_conf.
- Upgraded tnef program to 1.3.4.
- Added message 'actions' property for MailWatch reporting.
- Custom Function filenames must end in .pm or .pl. Others will be
- Various minor speed improvements.
* Fixes *
- Changed Postfix code to better support latest revision of Perl.
- Now stops MailScanner more reliably on SuSE systems.
- Logging of <img> tags only done if logging HTML tags.
- Fixed minor array ref problem in Perl 5.8.7 on FreeBSD 6.0 (which is
a public stable release anyway).
Submitted by: Jan-Peter Koopmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Number of ports [& non-ports] in this commit: 1
Showing files for just one port: mail/mailscanner
show all files
hide all files
6 vulnerabilities affecting 9 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new