The KDE FreeBSD team is proud to announce the release of KDE 4.1.1
for FreeBSD. The official KDE 4.1.1 release notes can be found at
KDE Community ships sirst translation and service release of the 4.1
dree desktop, containing numerous bugfixes, Performance Improvements
and Translation Updates.
Pretty much all applications have received the developers' attention,
resulting in a long list of bugfixes and improvements. The most significant
* Significant performance, interaction and rendering correctness
improvements in KHTML and Konqueror, KDE's web browser
* User interaction, rendering and stability fixes in Plasma,
the KDE4 desktop shell
* PDF backend fixes in the document viewer Okular
* Fixes in Gwenview, the image viewer's thumbnailing, more
robust retrieval and display of images with broken metadata
* Stability and interaction fixes in KMail
* KColorEdit is a palette files editor. It can be used
for editing color palettes and for color choosing and
* KGraphViewer is a GraphViz DOT graph viewer for KDE. The
GraphViz programs are free-software layout engines for graphs.
KGraphViewer displays the graphs in a modern, user-friendly GUI
with all the power of a well integrated KDE application.
* KIconEdit is designed to help create icons for KDE using the standard
* Skanlite is a simple image scanning application that does nothing
more than scan and save images. Skanlite can open a save dialog for
every image scanned or save the images immediately in a specified
directory with auto-generated names and format. The user can also
choose to show the scanned image before saving.