The Tinderbox team is pleased to announce the availability of Tinderbox
2.3.4. This release is both a bug fix and a new feature release. The
* A performance bug with tbcleanup that was introduced in 2.3.3 has been
* The portbuild environment is now scrubbed to prevent pollution. This
greatly helps in producing the same packages as pointyhat.
* The HOME environment variable is initialized to /root to fix certain
false positive leftover problems.
* If a port fails to build, the Build is reinitialized before the next
port build is started (unless -noclean is passed to tinderbuild) to
* All the new failure patterns have been merged from pointyhat. This
will produce much more accurate failure analysis.
* A new feature has been added to support introducing custom OPTIONS
into port builds. Consult the README for more details.
* With the start of Xorg 7.x merge testing, port problems are being
found due to the move to LOCALBASE. Therefore, Tinderbox needs an easy
way to set non-standard LOCALBASE and X11BASE. This has been addressed
in 2.3.4. To make use of this feature you must either copy rawenv.dist
to rawenv, or add LOCALBASE and X11BASE variables to your rawenv file.
When you want to run a build with non-standard LOCALBASE and/or X11BASE
paths, just change rawenv, then start your build.
Note: this release includes a micro dsversion bump, so you must run the
upgrade.sh to ensure your database static data is up-to-date.