TTYtter is a multi-functional, fully 100% text, Perl command line
Twitter client. It has the following features:
* A fully interactive client with asynchronous background updates and
commands. Use it over telnet, ssh or even a dummy terminal.
Supports ANSI colour, hashtags and Twitter Search!
* Works within your favourite environment: modify prompt and input
methods for many popular window and session managers, or use a
compatible readline library. Or don't: basic editing and screen
management features built-in.
* From the command line, use it to update your Twitter in shell scripts,
from cron, and so on.
* Supports standard timelines and automatically fetches direct messages.
* Extensible using the -lib option.
* Run detached in -daemon mode, and make your own Twitter bot!
Submitted by: Julian C. Dunn <jdunn at aquezada.com>