|Commit found by message id
Sun, 5 Aug 2007
[ 22:50:04 miwi ] |
ports-mgmt Incremental FreeBSD ports INDEX file generation
- Update to 2.0
* Now tracks changes to OPTIONS settings, and the effect those
have on port dependencies.
* Cleanup of warning and error messages -- new 'Warnings'
configuration variable to turn them on/off
* New 'Strict' configuration option -- at the moment this just
enforces a check that all ports are referenced from the
category Makefile in the directory above. May be extended to
other items later.
* New 'CrunchWhitespace' configuration option -- emulate the way
that 'make index' collapses multiple whitespace into single in
port description lines.
* Internal changes to data structures, cache file locking
etc. which will be needed to support multithreaded cache
initialization / update (It is coming... eventually). One
consequence is that there is no longer a dependency on
* Mk/bsd.commands.mk and Mk/bsd.destdir.mk added to the list of
Makefiles where changes are not expected to affect the INDEX.
* Bugfix -- correct programming error when picking out changes to
lists of SUBDIRs in category Makefiles.
Note: You will have to reinitialize the ports cache when updating.
Unfortunately, due to the changes in BerkeleyDB locking / concurrent
access, version 2.0 code cannot even open the version 1.9 data cache.
Submitted by: Matthew Seaman <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)
Number of ports [& non-ports] in this commit: 1
Showing files for just one port: ports-mgmt/p5-FreeBSD-Portindex
show all files
hide all files
7 vulnerabilities affecting 11 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new