|Commit found by message id
Mon, 11 Apr 2011
[ 06:19:59 dougb ] |
ports-mgmt Manage your ports without external databases or languages
* Add --update-if-newer which will operate on a list of ports given
on the command line. If a port list is already up to date, it
will be skipped.
* Tweak the way INDEX files are downloaded and installed to only
require root privileges for the minimum possible number of actions,
and do things in a more secure way:
1. If necessary to download the new INDEX.bz2, as a non-root user, do
it in a temporary directory created with mktemp
2. If necessary to update the actual INDEX file unzip it in that same
3. Only use $PM_SU_CMD to install the file if necessary
4. Unlink both INDEX and INDEX.bz2 in their real locations before
installing the new versions
* Add the ability to store the portmaster.rc file in the same directory
as the script itself.
Many improvements to the --index-only/--packages-only code, particularly
in the absence of a ports tree.
* Make the --index* options more friendly to being duplicated in the rc
file and command line. Mixing different options will still trigger an
error, however having the same option both places will not.
* Don't do the work of handling the INDEX file if we won't need it
(-l, --list-origins, -e, -s)
* Reorganize the final check of $pd (PORTSDIR) to properly handle the
* For multiple ports and -o, only test for the origin directory if
we are not using the INDEX. If we are, check it there instead.
* Add some code to --check-depends to explicitly handle --index-only.
It worked before by ignoring the origin test if there was no ports
directory, but failed if --index-only was also used.
This is better both because it doesn't fail with --index-only, but
also because it now uses the index to validate $origin.
* Since --check-depends now works with --index-only, update usage()
* Add some whitespace to the "Installing new +CONTENTS" message
* In --clean-packages show the path in the delete prompt for stale
packages that are not installed like we do for ones that are
* Various internal cleanups and micro-optimizations
Number of ports [& non-ports] in this commit: 1
Showing files for just one port: ports-mgmt/portmaster
show all files
hide all files
8 vulnerabilities affecting 19 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new