New port java/avalon-logkit:
LogKit is a logging toolkit designed for secure performance oriented logging in
The LogKit provides the following features:
- Decouples LogEvent generation from LogEvent handling.
- Is simple to use and simple to configure.
- Designed with security in mind.
- Allow users fine control of logging based on priority and/or category.
- Has hierarchical logging namespace to enable inheritance of LogTargets and
- Designed to be integrated into existing products.
- Performance oriented.
- Enables users to plug in filters to filter out or modify LogEvents before
they are written out.
- Allow users to specify the serialization format of LogEvents via
- Comes with a number of existing LogTargets to ease integration.
- The LogKit has existed for a number years and been used in a number of
different environments which demonstrates it's reliability and stability.
Submitted by: Herve Quiroz <firstname.lastname@example.org>