|Commit found by message id
Sun, 4 Jan 2004
[ 14:03:53 netchild ] |
Secure shell client and server for V.2 SSH protocol
HEADS-UP: Traditionally this port automatically installs a start-up script for
sshd2 unless it detects an entry for ssh in /etc/inetd.conf. As there
are three ways to automatically start sshd2 and /etc/rc.conf is the
simplest one (at least on FreeBSD 4, with rcNG once /etc/rc.d/sshd is
fixed to not be tailored to the base sshd) this version of the port
is the last one to do so. Beginning with next version it will only
install a sample start-up script. To prevent foot shooting when
updating to the next version this port won't remove an existing
start-up scripting on deinstall. Please see also the pkg-message that
gets displayed on installation.
- Update to 220.127.116.11. This is _not_ a security update. For the non-commercial
version the only change worth mentioning since 3.2.5 is the addition of the
config option "DisableVersionFallback", see sshd2_config(5) for further
- Use sites from the official list of mirrors for MASTER_SITES.
- Adjust COMMENT to justify why this port is security/ssh2, not security/ssh3.
- Revise list of installed documentation. No longer install MANIFEST (list of
source files) and INSTALL, install RFCs referenced in sshd2_config(5) and
HOWTO.anonymous.sftp (patched to better fit FreeBSD).
- Remove WITH_STATIC_SFTP knob. Using the internal sftp-server instead of the
external (static) one is much simpler to set up and maintain (using the
external one requires to install a copy of it in the home directory of the
anonymous sftp user which has to be manually updated when installing a newer
version of the port).
- Remove WITHOUT_TCPWRAP knob, libwarp is part of FreeBSD since 3.2.
- Install examples scripts for the ExternalAuthorizationProgram and
AuthKbdInt.Plugin config options in EXAMPLESDIR. See sshd2_config(5) for
- Replace references to /etc/ssh2/* in config files with PREFIX/etc/ssh2/*.
- Add a pkg-message displaying the different methods to automatically start
- Switch to the start-up script for Solaris which is part of the tarball, it
handles the name of the pidfile better.
- Fix detection of X11 headers, this enables compilation with support for X11
SECURITY extension. See TrustX11Applications in ssh2_config(5) for further
- Add a test target to the Makefile of the port, the tests seem a bit outdated
and buggy but it's enough to e.g. do a bit of speed comparison when building
with different compilers.
- Minor changes and clean-up (sort pkg-plist, don't add /usr/local/lib to
the library search path when compiling, etc.).
Revive some local modifications lost with the update to 3.1.0:
- Use login_cap(3)/login_class(3) facilities to set environment variables,
prority and shell, get motd, copyright, hushlogin and nologin, respect
ignorenologin and requirehome. This changes are roughly based on former
patch-ah and patch-ai and patches of security/openssh.
- Don't print "No mail.", it's not FreeBSD login style.
Submitted by: maintainer
Number of ports [& non-ports] in this commit: 1
show all files
8 vulnerabilities affecting 19 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new