Update to 8.70. Changes include:
- This release fixes a large number of issues with transparency,
especially as it interacts with color space conversion, mask
contexts and patterns. There have also been a number of
significant fixes to font handling, especially when generating
PDF. And there are numerous robustness, correctness and
- New generic Esc/Page devices, eplmono and eplcolor were added
to the contrib directory. A new cdnj500 device was added to
support the HP DesignJet 500.
- The licensing of the Free version of the core Ghostscript code
has been changed to GPLv3 or later. Previously, the core code
was GPLv2 only. Ghostscript can now be used with GPLv3
applications, and can no longer be used with applications that
- This release also includes security fixes addressing
CVE-2009-0583 and CVE-2009-0792.
- The size of PostScript integers has been limited to 32
bits. Previously they used the C long type resulting in 64 bits
of precision on LP64 systems (like on x86_64). As of this
release all platforms match the recommended implementation
limits in the specification.