|Commit found by message id
Mon, 2 May 2011
[ 07:33:34 dougb ] |
ports-mgmt Manage your ports without external databases or languages
* The -F option now works with --packages and --packages-only
o If -F --packages-only and there is no package to fetch,
give the user a menu of options
o If -F and --packages lack of a package is a soft fail
* Revamp the code in check_fetch_only() and where we wait for b/g
distfile fetching to complete to be a lot smarter:
o In check_fetch_only() simplify the code to count fetch processes which
both makes it faster by avoiding ps, and also makes it smarter because
it will find fewer false positives.
o In both, poll every 2 seconds, but only output to the console every 6.
This way we'll be able to exit a lot sooner, but still avoid spamming
the user with lots of messages.
* In the event that an invalid combination of configuration options causes
a port to be BROKEN, etc. allow the user to run --force-config and try
* Add the ability to specify the -t option to -L and --index-only to
check every installed port instead of using the shortcut. This is
slow, but useful on an old system where there is no ports tree and
one or more of the ports is so old that it no longer exists in INDEX.
Fix an unfortunately long-standing bug in the --package code, we need to
update the +REQUIRED_BY files for ports that the installed port depends on.
When I tested pkg_add originally I confirmed that it did this, but I
neglected to re-test when adding the --no-deps option, which suppresses
this behavior. Mea culpa.
So take this opportunity to fix the bug, and improve some other things in
* Add code to the section that updates dependencies for the newly installed
package to walk the +CONTENTS file and runs the +REQUIRED_BY update for
every port that the newly installed depends on.
* Various non-user-visible optimizations to the dependency udpating code
* When called from gen_dep_list, which also uses temp_list as a local
variable, uniquify_list() needs its own set of local variables otherwise
temp_list ends up being duplicated by uniquify_list
* Micro-optimize a few more cases where we can avoid going out to disk
to test stuff by separating the test for a variable first.
* Continue the campaign to unset things to keep the environment small
* Various other micro-optimizations
Number of ports [& non-ports] in this commit: 1
show all files
8 vulnerabilities affecting 19 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new