- Update to 2.4.2
- The --with-pic configure option now supports a list of comma-separated
package names. This can be used to build some static libraries with PIC
objects while building others with non-PIC objects.
- Initial support for Go, using the gccgo compiler.
- On Mac OS X .dylib is now tried as well as .so with
- The generic approximation of the command line length limit (when getconf is
not available) works again. Regression introduced in v2.2.6-39-g9c3d4d8.
- The bug that leaked developer tool paths into the release tarballs
from ./bootstrap is fixed.
- Improved support for the Cuda Compiler Driver (nvcc) on Darwin.
- For GCC LTO support, the -fuse-linker-plugin switch is now also removed
when computing compiler postdeps.
Important incompatible changes:
- The undocumented hardcode_libdir_flag_spec_ld tag variable has been
removed in favor of using hardcode_libdir_flag_spec with $wl set to empty.
Changes in supported systems or compilers:
- Fixes for gfortran on Darwin, XL Fortran on GNU/Linux.
- Support for FreeBSD 1.x (outdated since 1994) has been removed.
Submitted by: delphij@
Tested via: exp-run