Update to 2.1;
1. Added logic to interrogate the content of flavors for correctness
before allowing them to be merged into the newjail being created.
Only paths targeting directories holding configuration files are
allowed now. The jail create process is terminated and the offending
paths are listed in error messages.
2. Changed the /root/.cshrc file in both flavors default and ssh-default
to now contain setenv PACKAGESITE to point to packages-current
so login users of any jail will have the most current package
4. In the qjail install logic added code to create these additional paths
in basejail, /usr/ports/packages, /usr/home and /home link.
5. The create -D -I options have been combined to just -d.
6. The create -i -s options have been combined to just -i.
7. The create -c & -C options have been reduced to just -c.
8. The create options -c and -f ssh-default now force the first time
login user to enter a new password.
9. Added logic to create, that rolls through the ip addresses of the
jails to verify the ip address/addresses on the create command are not
all ready used.
10. Corrected the list command display format when jail has more than a
single ip address.
11. Changed the order jails are started, stopped, restarted, and listed
from <z to a> to <a to z>. Also for boot starts.
12. Added system wide logging. Every qjail subcommand and error message
is logged to /var/log/qjail.log. Rotating of the log is enabled.
13. The install subcommand has new -l option to activate system wide
14. The update subcommand has [-l on|off] option to turn logging on and off.
15. Added new subcommand logmsg. This posts comments to the log file.
16. Changed update option to use its own
file instead of the hosts /etc/portsnap.conf. Enabled REFUSE statements in
/usr/local/etc/qjail.portsnap.conf to drop categories most likely to never
used to compile ports inside of a jail.
17. As sparse image allocations get larger 1G -> 5G creating jails from
archives was taking very long times to complete, 20 minutes or more.
Archives of sparse images larger that 7G caused terminations. All these
things have one thing in common. They all used the pax and cpio utilities.
Turns out these utilities are not sparse file aware. Had to completely
change the way sparse image jails moved through the qjail system. Now the
archive process opens the sparse image and really archives it as a
directory tree jail. This required restore and create options to change
Submitted by: Joe Barbish (maintainer)