- Update to 3.0
- ZFS support is now optional:
* NO_ZFS can be set to disable ZFS usage
* TMPFS_ALL can be used to the build 100% in memory via tmpfs
- Jail/Port properties are no longer stored in ZFS. They will
be automatically converted on the first execution. This means
that downgrading to 2.x is not easily possible.
- Removed cron command
- queue/daemon added
* These will be expanded more in 3.1 and the usage may change.
- New HTML/AJAX interface using jQuery
- Build times are now tracked
- Runaway builds are now automatically killed after 7200/84600
seconds of no output / max build time
- Build logs are now saved forever and not removed on every build.
testport will store its logs into "bulk" dir for now as well.
- Ability to resume a previous bulk -a build by using -B (this
is mostly for exp-runs as it allows grouping incremental logs
in with the previous logs). By default the buildname defaults
to YYYY-MM-DD_HH:MM:SS for every build.
- Install depends just-in-time in the proper sequence ordering,
instead of all upfront. This also fixes differences between
testport and bulk with regards to run-depends.
- Give a port all the special depends distfiles it needs during
build as well. This fixes issues with fetching and distfiles.
- Add basic hook support in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/hooks
- CHECK_CHANGED_OPTIONS now defaults to verbose
- Add CHECK_CHANGED_DEPS (default yes) to automatically detect
direct dependency changes and rebuild packages if needed. This
allow automatically detecting default postgresql/mysql/perl
changes requiring rebuild of ports. Note this has a bug with
ports that depend on libraries that are in base, but have a
port fallback. This will be addressed in 3.1.
- The reason for packages being deleted during the startup is
now more verbose
- Speedup packaging by reducing I/O
- Port testing: Add "preinst_fs_violation" which will detect
ports that touch the filesystem during fetch/build before
- Lots of performance improvements. Poudriere is now lock-free
and has very little overhead.
- Various documentation/typo fixes
- Support value of 'no' for NO_RESTRICTED and SAVE_WRKDIR
- Add new latest-per-pkg symlinks into the root bulk/ dir and
bulk/jail/ dirs to link back to the most recent builds for
- Add new subcommand 'status' which lists running builds. Specify
-j[pz] to view the current status of a specific build and all of
- Fix support for jails with ':' in them
- Buildtimes are now tracked
* Support checking out a different branch with -B
* -d option has been removed
* testport -i improvements:
- Network enabled
- Works even when build fails
- RUN_DEPENDS now installed
- Add hostname into /etc/hosts
- tty usage is fixed
* Add .keep support for wrkdir saving
* New C index builder for pkg_* builds
* Add -N: skip generating package repository or INDEX
* Add -T: Use TRY_BROKEN
* Add -F: Try to download from the original mirror and
ignore all FreeBSD mirrors
* Allow specifying -f multiple times
* -c: Add -P ./path.to.patch to patch the src tree with
the given patch before building it
* -c: Fix on recent CURRENT by using DB_FROM_SRC
Thank you to all contributors and testers
Please report and discuss defects in #poudriere on freenode
or report to https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/reportlist