Small Device C Compiler Was Maintained by:danfe@FreeBSD.org Port Added: unknown License: not specified in port
SDCC is a freeware, retargettable, optimizing ANSI C compiler that targets the
Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390, and Zilog Z80 based MCUs. Work is in progress on
supporting Motorola 68HC08 as well as Microchip PIC16 and PIC18 series.
Some of the features include:
* ASXXXX and ASLINK, a freeware, retargettable assembler and linker.
* Extensive MCU specific language extensions, allowing effective use of
the underlying hardware.
* A host of standard optimizations such as global sub expression
elimination, loop optimizations (loop invariant, strength reduction of
induction variables and loop reversing), constant folding and
propagation, copy propagation, dead code elimination and jump tables
for `switch' statements.
* MCU specific optimisations, including a global register allocator.
* Adaptable MCU specific backend that should be well suited for other 8
* Independent rule based peep hole optimizer.
* A full range of data types: char (8 bits, 1 byte), short (16 bits, 2
bytes), int (16 bits, 2 bytes), long (32 bit, 4 bytes) and float (4
* Ability to add inline assembler code anywhere in a function.
* Ability to report on the complexity of a function to help decide what
what should be re-written in assembler.
* A good selection of automated regression tests.
SDCC also comes with the source level debugger SDCDB.
Add SDCC, freeware, retargettable, optimizing ANSI C compiler that targets the
Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390, and Zilog Z80 based MCUs (support for Motorola
68HC08 as well as Microchip PIC16 and PIC18 series is in progress).
Approved by: fjoe (mentor, implicit)
Partially obtained from: Debian (manpages)