- With the rollout of IPv6 for a.root-servers.net, it always
took the IPv6 address even if you used the -4 option.
- Fix false lame server issues with domains which have the
higher domain in it (command.com for example).
Upgrade to version 1.8
- Better handling of timeout (instead of a static value,
start with five seconds and double it each retry)
- Warnings are printed if you receive a different RR type
than the one you asked for (for example when you ask for
an A record and receive a CNAME)
- Fixed problems when records received in the authority
field are shorter than the domain the nameserver is
- When compiled without IPv6 support on an IPv6 capable
machine the machine tried to query the IPv6 translated
IPv5 address anyway.
- -C caches hosts which haven't answered too.