Overhaul the port to make it usable and up-to-date with the reality:
- Update to version 1.44 alpha3 (unfortunately, for the sake of sane version
number, have to bump PORTEPOCH)
- Switch to unified SDL media interface (this is what all modern systems
should use) and stop building and installing no longer required stuff; now
both sound and music works as expected out of the box
- Switch from kvm(3) kernel memory interface calls to obtain memory stats to
sysctl(3) to avoid kmem group privileges (setgid bit) requirement
- Get rid of wrapper script by providing better default value of DOOMWADDIR
- Rename X86_ASM option to standard ASM (which already has nice description)
- Change USE_GL knob value from umbrella "yes" to more specific "glu"
- Adjust COMMENT and define LICENSE (GPLv2); really honor CC and CFLAGS
- Utilize PORTDOCS and PLIST_FILES and thus purge pkg-plist
- Trim Makefile header while I'm here per new world order
- Provide better and cleaner port description
Feature safe: yes
Tested on: i386 only :(
- Bump PORTREVISION.
- Fix wrapper script not correctly creating ~/.doomlegacy .
- Fix building with GCC 4.2 and remove BROKEN on FreeBSD 7.x.
- Take maintainership.
Submitted by: Georgi Georgiev <firstname.lastname@example.org>