Oracle's Java 6 Runtime Environment under the GPL v2 Maintained by:java@FreeBSD.org Port Added: 09 Oct 2012 17:47:37 Also Listed In:develipv6 License: GPLv2
OpenJDK is an open-source implementation of the Java Platform, Standard Edition.
Much of the OpenJDK code is licensed under the GPL version 2 with the
Classpath exception. The Java Hotspot virtual machine source code is
licensed under the GPL version 2 only.
To install the port:cd /usr/ports/java/openjdk6-jre/ && make install clean To add the package:pkg_add -r openjdk6-jre
===> The following configuration options are available for openjdk6-jre-b27_5:
ICEDTEA=on: Apply additional patches from IcedTea
IPV6=on: IPv6 protocol support
POLICY=off: Install the Unlimited Strength Policy Files
SOUND=off: Enable sound support
TZUPDATE=on: Update the time zone data
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Add 2012/10/16 security patches from IcedTea6 1.11.5. 
- Completely turn off parallel build by default and remove parallel build
hack for HotSpot. There were several reports that it fails to build under
certain environment, ports/162991 for example. Users can still do parallel
build by setting FORCE_MAKE_JOBS (and MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER if desired).
- Implement os::available_memory(). Now it is consistent with "vm.vmtotal"
sysctl(3) MIB rather than bogus (physical memory / 4).
- Prefer sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF) over HW_NCPU sysctl MIB to get the
number of installed processors. There is no functional difference except
for CURRENT, which obtains the information from ELF aux vector.
- Prefer sysconf(_SC_PHYS_PAGES) * sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE) over HW_USERMEM
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )