This port is indented for developers and port maintainers. It is a
copy of lang/erlang with a few differences:
- Nothing is installed in $PREFIX/bin
- Libraries are installed in $PREFIX/lib/erlang15
- You have to change your PATH to actually use it
- Support for building PLTs is removed
- Other ports are not supposed to install anything inside this environment
What is this for:
- Building Erlang applications using the R15 runtime, once R16 is
committed (think Riak).
- Building Erlang applications when there are conflicts with modules
provided by other ports (for example, the RabbitMQ client libraries
conflict with the server code installed by net/rabbitmq).
- Testing new Erlang versions before the main port is upgraded.