A dynamic programming language with a syntax similar to C++ Was Maintained by:firstname.lastname@example.org Port Added: 20 Feb 2004 20:14:33 License: not specified in port
Pike is an interpreted, object-oriented programming language.
It looks a bit like C and C++, but it is much easier to learn and use. It
can be used for small scripts as well as for large programs.
Pike is :
- High-level and powerful, which means that even very complex
things are easy to do.
- Object-oriented, which means that you can use modern programming
techniques to divide a large program into small pieces, which are much
easier to write than it would be to write the entire program at once.
- Interpreted, which means that you don't have to wait for a program to
compile and link when you want to run it.
- One of the fastest "scripting" languages available.
- Garbage-collected, which makes programming much simpler, and removes
the risk for memory leaks and other memory-related bugs.
- Easy to extend, which means that you can create plug-ins, written in
Pike as well as in C or C++, and integrate them with the rest of Pike.