(Only the first 10 of 19 ports in this commit are shown above. )
Commit all the non-functional changes to python ports to reduce the diff size
for an exp-run of updated python versions.
- trim Makefile headers
- remove leading indefinite article from COMMENT
- use PYTHON shortcut in MASTER_SITES
- whitespace fixes
- remove checks for unsupported versions of FreeBSD
- use static value ``33'' instead of PYTHON_SUFFIX in lang/python33/pkg-plist,
because this value is not supposed to be changed across the branch and for
consistency with other python3 ports
- remove conflicts in lang/python-mode.el with not more existing python-2.4
Add support for building Python against GNU Portable Threads (Pth),
and also add experimental support for POSIX semaphores in FreeBSD
7-STABLE and up. The option knobs PTH and SEM respectively are
added to enable this behaviour.
Python is able to use POSIX semaphores for thread synchronization
in threading, and prefers them.
The multiprocessing module in Python 2.6 requires POSIX semaphores,
however, the FreeBSD rtld and malloc need further work to allow
a process to call pthread_create() immediately after fork() as it is
not something allowed by a strict interpretation of the POSIX specs;
therefore allow GNU Pth to be used until the situation is resolved.
Approved by: miwi