IGNORE: is only for i386, while you are running amd64 Full Smalltalk 80 with portability to UNIX, Mac, and Windows Was Maintained by:firstname.lastname@example.org Port Added: 08 Jun 2010 19:53:24 License: not specified in port
Squeak is an open, highly-portable Smalltalk-80 implementation whose
virtual machine is written entirely in Smalltalk, making it easy to
debug, analyze, and change; it includes among other things:
* a rapid-turn-around Smalltalk-80 compiler,
* a caching-JIT run-time virtual machine (with full source in
* large class libraries with portable data and GUI models, and
* an integrated development environment with powerful coding
tools and GUI construction tools.
Squeak was developed at Apple Labs, Walt Disney and has been ported
to a variety of computers (including most flavors of UNIX and Windows).
Compared to other Smalltalk systems, Squeak has 4 important features:
* Portability (to Mac, Windows, WinCE, and many flavors of UNIX);
* Speed (it uses native C for compute-intensive code);
* Price (free, including all source code and the right to distribute
* Sophistication (full Smalltalk-80 language, libraries, and tools).
Squeak comes under an open source license, meaning that you can
download and use it for free.
WWW: http://www.squeak.org/ (Squeak project)
http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/ (Unix Squeak)
No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
The package name of this deleted port was: squeak
===> The following configuration options are available for squeak-3.9_2:
MPG_MMX=off (default) "MMX support (MPG plugin)"
NPSQUEAK=on (default) "browser plugin support"
RFB=on (default) "remote frame buffer support"
X=on (default) "X Windows support"
XIM=off (default) "XIM support (Implies X)"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
Remove the port lang/squeak-dev since the port is broken
and the maintainer seems to loose interest
(not responding to the PR for 7+ months).
Submitted by: Takeshi MUTOH <mutoh at openedu.org>
Approved by: maintainer timeout (7+ months)