Full Smalltalk 80 with portability to UNIX, Mac, and Windows. Was Maintained by:email@example.com Port Added: 27 Nov 2001 11:35:42 License: not specified in port
Squeak is an open, highly-portable Smalltalk-80 implementation whose
virtual machine is written entirely in Smalltalk, making it easy to
debug, analyze, and change; it includes among other things:
* a rapid-turn-around Smalltalk-80 compiler,
* a caching-JIT run-time virtual machine (with full source in
* large class libraries with portable data and GUI models, and
* an integrated development environment with powerful coding
tools and GUI construction tools.
Squeak was developed at Apple Labs, Walt Disney and has been ported
to a variety of computers (including most flavors of UNIX and Windows).
Compared to other Smalltalk systems, Squeak has 4 important features:
* Portability (to Mac, Windows, WinCE, and many flavors of UNIX);
* Speed (it uses native C for compute-intensive code);
* Price (free, including all source code and the right to distribute
* Sophistication (full Smalltalk-80 language, libraries, and tools).
Squeak comes under an open source license, meaning that you can
download and use it for free.
WWW: http://www.squeak.org/ (Squeak project)
http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/ (Unix Squeak)
lang/squeak3 creates $PREFIX/bin/squeak symlink to nowhere
Fix audio support for squeak3
Sound support comes to do squeak3(squeak-3.5) porting, but
does not become effective because, actually, it cannot
detect the library which I am going to utilize with stage
Submitted by: NINOMIYA Hideyuki <nin@Jp.FreeBSD.org>,parv