Tool for sending customized ICMP packets Was Maintained by:firstname.lastname@example.org Port Added: 15 Oct 2000 23:28:03 Also Listed In:security License: not specified in port
Sing is a little tool that sends ICMP packets fully customized from command
line. The main purpose is to replace/complement the niceful ping command
with certain enhancements as:
- Send fragmented packets (Linux and BSD).
- Send monster packets > 65534 (Linux and BSD).
- Send/read spoofed packets.
- Send many ICMP Information types in addition to the ECHO REQUEST type sent
by default as Address Mask Request, Timestamp, Information Request, Router
Solicitation and Router Advertisement.
- Send many ICMP error types: Redirect, Source Quench, Time Exceeded,
Destination Unreach and Parameter Problem.
- Send to host with Loose or Strict Source Routing.
- Use little fingerprinting techniques to discover Windows or Solaris boxes.
- Send ICMP packets emulating certain OS: Cisco, Solaris, Linux, Shiva,
Unix and Windows at the moment.