FreshPorts -- The Place For Ports If you buy from Amazon USA, please support us by using this link.
Follow us
Blog
Twitter

Website Feedback
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: Jens Schweikhardt 
Date:   14-11-04 15:13

Dan et al,

after reading the FAQ I'm still puzzled. How can I delete a port from my watchlist? The FAQ talks about "Add/Remove" buttons, but I've never seen one in my whole life. At least I can't find them when I look at "Your watched ports". When I look at, say, "Deprecated ports", there are the "+" buttons which apparently add to the watch list. But any watched port only has the "glasses" button, and nothing that looks like a "delete" button (which I would expect to be a "-" button thingy). So, what's the magic for single port deletion from my watchlist?

Regards, Jens

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: Dan 
Date:   14-11-04 16:20

Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

> can't find them when I look at "Your watched ports". When I
> look at, say, "Deprecated ports", there are the "+" buttons
> which apparently add to the watch list. But any watched port
> only has the "glasses" button, and nothing that looks like a
> "delete" button (which I would expect to be a "-" button
> thingy). So, what's the magic for single port deletion from my
> watchlist?

Click that glasses button. Do you see anything when you hover your cursor over it?

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: Dan 
Date:   14-11-04 16:24

BTW: This is covered in the FAQ (http://www.freshports.org/faq.php), under "What do these symbols mean?". Perhaps we should mention them under "How do I modify my watch list?" as well?

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: Jens Schweikhardt 
Date:   14-11-04 17:33

Dan wrote:

> BTW: This is covered in the FAQ
> (http://www.freshports.org/faq.php), under "What do these
> symbols mean?". Perhaps we should mention them under "How do I
> modify my watch list?" as well?

Definitely. I haven't seen an explanation what an "Add/Remove" button is. It would certainly cause less confusion to be explicit. What about "To remove a port from the watchlist, click the glasses."

Regards, Jens

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: Jens Schweikhardt 
Date:   14-11-04 17:35

Dan wrote:

> Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> So, what's the magic for single port deletion from my
> > watchlist?
>
> Click that glasses button. Do you see anything when you hover
> your cursor over it?

"Item is one of your default watch lists". What about being explicit by adding "click to remove from watch list."

Regards, Jens

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: Dan 
Date:   14-11-04 17:43

Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

> Definitely. I haven't seen an explanation what an "Add/Remove"
> button is. It would certainly cause less confusion to be
> explicit. What about "To remove a port from the watchlist,
> click the glasses."

That Add/Remove link is a hangover from the old days before icons were introduced.

Have a read of http://beta.freshports.org/faq.php now.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: Deleting a port from the watchlist
Author: V.Chukharev 
Date:   21-11-04 11:24

It seems now the parenthesis are not closed around the glasses in FAQ,
"How do I modify my watch list?", 1.

Reply To This Message
 
 Fixed
Author: Dan 
Date:   21-11-04 15:02

Thank you.

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 


 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.


Servers and bandwidth provided by
New York Internet, SuperNews, and RootBSD
Valid HTML, CSS, and RSS.
Copyright © 2000-2017 Dan Langille. All rights reserved.