FreshPorts -- The Place For Ports If you buy from Amazon USA, please support us by using this link.
Follow us
Blog
Twitter

I am looking for an LTO tape library. Do you have one to spare?
Website Feedback
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 New ports not adding correctly
Author: Jim Trigg 
Date:   05-01-05 18:52

The new horde and imp ports did not add correctly, and therefore cannot be added to watch lists. They show up in searches and have home pages, but do not show up in category lists. The Add to Watch List buttons on their home pages also do not work.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: JunkMale 
Date:   05-01-05 21:15

Jim Trigg wrote:

> The new horde and imp ports did not add correctly, and
> therefore cannot be added to watch lists.

I take it you mean these ports: http://www.freshports.org/www/horde/ and http://www.freshports.org/mail/imp/

Why do you think they did not "add correctly"?

Why do you think they cannot be added to watch lists? I've just added them to my watch lists. Please be detailed in your description.

> They show up in
> searches and have home pages, but do not show up in category
> lists.

I agree. I found them in searches and at the URL above. However, I did not find horde at http://www.freshports.org/www/?page=8 nor did I find imp at http://www.freshports.org/mail/?page=6.

> The Add to Watch List buttons on their home pages also
> do not work.

Please define "do not work". I have them working here.

I need to be able to reproduce the problem before I can fix it. If all else fails, email me your login id to webmaster@.

--
Dan Langille - webmaster

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Jim Trigg 
Date:   13-01-05 20:42

JunkMale wrote:

> Jim Trigg wrote:
>
> > The new horde and imp ports did not add correctly, and
> > therefore cannot be added to watch lists.
>
> I take it you mean these ports:
> http://www.freshports.org/www/horde/ and
> http://www.freshports.org/mail/imp/
>
> Why do you think they did not "add correctly"?

Because they don't show up in category lists.

> Why do you think they cannot be added to watch lists? I've
> just added them to my watch lists. Please be detailed in your
> description.

Because when I click on the + icon to add them, the page refreshes with the same + icon and when I then go to the list of my watched ports they don't appear.

> > The Add to Watch List buttons on their home pages also
> > do not work.
>
> Please define "do not work". I have them working here.

See above.

> I need to be able to reproduce the problem before I can fix it.
> If all else fails, email me your login id to webmaster@.

It's on its way.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Jim Trigg 
Date:   13-01-05 20:47

In addition, when I attempt to stop watching www/horde2 and mail/imp3 by clicking on the eyeglass icon, the page refreshes with the entries still showing in my watch list. Also, where I am looking that www/horde, www/horde2, mail/imp, and mail/imp3 do not show is on the Watch List - Categories pages.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Dan 
Date:   13-01-05 20:54

Please visit http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/bacula-server/.

Make sure you are logged in.

Can you add that port? Can you remove it?

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Dan 
Date:   13-01-05 21:05

JunkMale wrote:

> Jim Trigg wrote:
> > They show up in
> > searches and have home pages, but do not show up in category
> > lists.
>
> I agree. I found them in searches and at the URL above.
> However, I did not find horde at
> http://www.freshports.org/www/?page=8 nor did I find imp at
> http://www.freshports.org/mail/?page=6.

I know why they don't turn up in those lists. I can fix that. I'll first find out why the problem occurred.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Jim Trigg 
Date:   13-01-05 21:05

I have been logged in every time. I could not add bacula-server from its webpage; from the Watchlist - Categories page it looks like I added bacula-server (by checking it off and selecting Update Watchlist) but it still does not show up in the Watched Ports page. When I go back to the Watchlist - Categories page (and choose sysutils, obviously), bacula-server is still checked.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Dan 
Date:   13-01-05 21:32

JunkMale wrote:

> I agree. I found them in searches and at the URL above.
> However, I did not find horde at
> http://www.freshports.org/www/?page=8 nor did I find imp at
> http://www.freshports.org/mail/?page=6.

The problem was caused by entries missing from the ports_categories table. I added the missing values with this SQL:

insert into ports_categories
select id, category_id
FROM ports_active PA
WHERE NOT EXISTS
(select * from ports_categories PC where
PC.port_id = PA.id
AND PC.category_id = PA.category_id);

[This is recorded here more for me, than for public consumption]

Now I'll look into why you cannot add these ports to your watch list.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Dan 
Date:   13-01-05 21:43

Jim Trigg wrote:

> The new horde and imp ports did not add correctly, and
> therefore cannot be added to watch lists. They show up in
> searches and have home pages, but do not show up in category
> lists. The Add to Watch List buttons on their home pages also
> do not work.

Ahh, a very interesting bug.

You have one watch list. It is not set as a default watch list. Your watch list options say to add the port to the default watch list, but you have no default watch list.

It's easily fixed: set the watch list to be a default watch list. Or change your option to be "Ask for watch list names each time".

I could add a check for this situation, but you have a short term solution above.

Thank you for helping with this.

Reply To This Message
 
 Re: New ports not adding correctly
Author: Dan 
Date:   13-01-05 22:27

Dan wrote:

> I could add a check for this situation, but you have a short
> term solution above.

Code added. If you are in watch-list-maintenance.php, and the above mentioned situation occurs, you will be told:

WARNING: You have no default watch lists. You have chosen to act upon the default watch list. With this combination, you will be unable to add ports using the one-click method. It is suggested that you set at least one watch list to be the default watch list.

Would that make sense to you if you saw it?

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 


 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.


Servers and bandwidth provided by
New York Internet, SuperNews, and RootBSD
Valid HTML, CSS, and RSS.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Dan Langille. All rights reserved.