HTML to PostScript converter Maintained by:hrs@FreeBSD.org Port Added: 28 Apr 2013 15:11:54 Also Listed In:wwwperl5 License: GPLv2
- Much from HTML 4.0 - that is relevant for printing - is supported
(incidentally, the PostScript and PDF versions of the HTML 4.0 draft,
were generated using html2ps). For example, all character entities
(except ‌, ‍, ‎, and ‏) are supported.
- Many possibilities to control the appearance. Starting with this version,
this is mostly done using configuration files.
- Support for processing multiple documents, also automatically by
recursively following links.
- A table of contents can be generated, either from the links in a document,
or automatically from document headings.
- Configurable page headers/footers, that for example can contain
document title, URL, page number, current heading, and date.
- When converting the PostScript document to PDF - using some other
program such as version 5.0 or later of Aladdin Ghostscript, or
Adobe Acrobat Distiller - the original hyperlinks in the HTML
documents will be retained in the PDF document.
- Automatic hyphenation and text justification can be selected.