Add zsh+euc, Zsh with EUC encoding support.
This is just an experimental hack and cannot happily be merged into
the upstream. Zsh's line editor apparently needs a rewrite in order
to support multi-byte encodings because it strongly relies on the
single-byte character scheme.
These patches are mostly based on the work by email@example.com (Thanks!):
What I did over this is disable the hack for non-EUC locales. Maybe
the patches can be moved to shells/zsh in the future, but it's
premature for the moment.
- forward-char, backward-char and backward-delete-char with no numeric
argument should work properly with this hack.
- Completion and redisplay should work fine.
- There can be some trivial side-effects.
- JIS X0201-Roman and JIS X0208-Kanji are supported.
- JIS X0201-Katakana and JIS X0212 Kanji are NOT supported.
- Only tested with the EUC-JP (ja_JP.eucJP) locale. I'm not sure if
it works for GB 2312/CNS 11643-1/KS X 1001. Any feedbacks is
welcome, especially a patch if it does not work. :)