DansGuardian 2.8.0-0 has been released as the new stable version. New features
since 2.6.x include:
- Changed process model from fork-on-connect to fork-pool. This dramatically
improves the performance and allows it to scale to many more concurrent users.
- Improved internationalisation language file support.
- Image replacement for advert removal.
- Added support for fully qualified addresses in banned and exception IP lists.
- Added URL Greylists.
- Added filter group support so different filtering settings can be used for
different groups of users.
- Added a '-g' gentle restart that does not kill current connections but filter
group config is re-read.
- Ident now uses X-Forwarded-For when DansGuardian is configured to use it.
- Added a temporal denied page bypass facility.
- It is no longer needed to run as root to bind to a low port.
Submitted by: Freddie Cash (maintainer)