Metalock is an enhanced screen locker for the X11 windowing system. It is
designed to be used with a background screen daemon, such as xidle.
Current features include:
- Support for pixmap (image) xpm background and login box.
- It gives visual feedback as you type the password (Shows username and
* for each character of password typed.)
- Bind arbitrary commands to key combinations (allows tasks such as
pause/un-pause music without unlocking the screen)
- Optional XFT support for anti-aliased fonts. (This is optional in case
greater security is desired)
- Optional Imlib2 support for use of png or jpg formats, which are more
appropriate for photos or high-color images than xpm.
- Portable to most UNIX-like operating systems, developed on FreeBSD.
Submitted by: Timothy Beyer <email@example.com>
Approved by: wen@ (mentor)
Feature safe: yes