- Improve COMMENT: make it concise and mention that it's about Base64
- Unbreak the build on PowerPC by adding -fsigned-char to CFLAGS (and
also respect them by removing hardcoded -O3)
- Rename a patch and regenerate it with `make makepatch' command
- Clean up do-install target (sanitize symlink, wrap overly long line)
- Reformat and kill EOL whitespace in the port description text
libb64 is a library of ANSI C routines for fast encoding/decoding data
into and from a base64-encoded format.
C++ wrappers are included, as well as the source code for
standalone encoding and decoding executables.
Base64 uses a subset of displayable ASCII characters, and is
therefore a useful encoding for storing binary data in a text file,
such as XML, or sending binary data over text-only email.
Submitted by: Ismail Yenigul <firstname.lastname@example.org>