|non port: lang/pypy-devel/pkg-plist
Number of commits found: 8
Tuesday, 10 Feb 2015
pypy-devel: update to 2.5
* Improved warmup time.
* Improved hitted code performance (+10% compared to v2.4).
* Passing objects between C and PyPy has been improved.
* Integrated numpy support gains GenericUfunc API.
* Dictionaries are ordered by default.
* More careful handling of errno.
Sunday, 7 Dec 2014
Update lang/pypy-devel to 2.4.0.
Release update for further testing by community.
- Reduced internal copying of bytearray operations
- Tweak the internal structure of StringBuilder to speed up large string
handling, which becomes advantageous on large programs at the cost of
slightly slower small benchmark type programs.
- Move to a mixed polling and mutex GIL model that make mutlithreaded jitted
code run much faster
- Remove ctypes pythonapi and ctypes.PyDLL, which never worked on PyPy
- Fix performance regression on ufunc(<scalar>, <scalar>) in numpy
- Classes in the ast module are now distinct from structures used by the
compiler, which simplifies and speeds up translation of our source code to
the PyPy binary interpreter
- Upgrade stdlib from 2.7.5 to 2.7.8
Monday, 27 Oct 2014
Tuesday, 10 Jun 2014
Update lang/pypy-devel to 2.3.1.
* The built-in struct module was renamed to _struct, solving issues with
IDLE and other modules
* Support for compilation with gcc-4.9
* A CFFI-based version of the gdbm module is now included in our binary bundle
* Many issues were resolved since the 2.3 release on May 8
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Update lang/pypy-devel to 2.3.
Due to reported regressions, only 2.3.1 will be merged to stable lang/pypy.
This release updates the stdlib from 2.7.3, jumping directly to 2.7.6.
This release also contains several bugfixes and performance improvements,
many generated by real users finding corner cases. CFFI has made it easier
than ever to use existing C code with both cpython and PyPy, easing the
transition for packages like cryptography, Pillow(Python Imaging Library
[Fork]), a basic port of pygame-cffi, and others.
Tuesday, 17 Dec 2013
Update lang/pypy-devel to development snapshot at 16-Dec-'13.
1) Fix installation with LOCALBASE!=/usr/local
2) Properly detect the number of CPUs for concurrent builds
1) The cffi based module _sqlite3.py needs to know where to find
sqlite3.h, which is hard-coded into the file, however the '.so'
created is based on the checksum of _sqlite3.py that changes
when changing the hard-coded path. Change this by properly
using the LOCALBASE environment variable.
2) This change does not modify the behaviour of the port as this
port runs the compilation stage directly, and correctly, however
this change will be upstreamed.
Saturday, 16 Nov 2013
Update lang/pypy-devel to 2.2 (for wider testing).
* Strip cffi libraries
* Fix virtualenv bug (ports/183795)
* Update memory and compiler times (Makefile, wiki)
* Our Garbage Collector is now "incremental". It should avoid almost all
pauses due to a major collection taking place. Previously, it would pause
the program (rarely) to walk all live objects, which could take
arbitrarily long if your process is using a whole lot of RAM. Now the
same work is done in steps. This should make PyPy more responsive, e.g.
in games. There are still other pauses, from the GC and the JIT, but
they should be on the order of 5 milliseconds each.
* The JIT counters for hot code were never reset, which meant that a
process running for long enough would eventually JIT-compile more and
more rarely executed code. Not only is it useless to compile such code,
but as more compiled code means more memory used, this gives the
impression of a memory leak. This has been tentatively fixed by
decreasing the counters from time to time.
* NumPy has been split: now PyPy only contains the core module, called
_numpypy. The numpy module itself has been moved to
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/numpy and numpypy disappeared. You need to
install NumPy separately with a virtualenv: pip install
git+https://bitbucket.org/pypy/numpy.git; or directly: git clone
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/numpy.git; cd numpy; pypy setup.py install.
* non-inlined calls have less overhead
* Things that use sys.set_trace are now JITted (like coverage)
* JSON decoding is now very fast (JSON encoding was already very fast)
* various buffer copying methods experience speedups (like list-of-ints to
int buffer from cffi)
* We finally wrote (hopefully) all the missing os.xxx() functions,
including os.startfile() on Windows and a handful of rare ones on Posix.
* numpy has a rudimentary C API that cooperates with cpyext
Sunday, 11 Aug 2013
Add lang/pypy-devel for non-stable releases of PyPy.
pypy-devel is intended as a staging ground for beta releases and - while
no beta releases are available - snapshots of pypy default branch.
While introducing pypy-devel to build logic has been reworked to better
accomodate pypy3. The lib-python/2.7 and lib_pypy folders are not renamed
after extraction (with only symbolic links used to emulate the structure).
PyPy still expects the standard structure and the symbolic links satisfy
The devel port was requested by mva@ to better support commercial clients.
Number of commits found: 8