- gamenetworkingsockets GameNetworkingSockets is a basic transport layer for games
- 1.3.0_1 net =0 1.3.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Added: 2021-06-01 15:09:16
- Last Update: 2021-07-21 18:11:52
- Commit Hash: f4acead
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- GameNetworkingSockets is a basic transport layer for games. The features are:
- Connection-oriented API (like TCP)
- ... but message-oriented (like UDP), not stream-oriented.
- Supports both reliable and unreliable message types
- Messages can be larger than underlying MTU. The protocol performs
fragmentation, reassembly, and retransmission for reliable messages.
- A reliability layer significantly more sophisticated than a basic
TCP-style sliding window. It is based on the "ack vector" model
from DCCP (RFC 4340, section 11.4) and Google QUIC and discussed
in the context of games by Glenn Fiedler. The basic idea is for the
receiver to efficiently communicate to the sender the status of
every packet number (whether or not a packet was received with that
number). By remembering which segments were sent in each packet,
the sender can deduce which segments need to be retransmitted.
- Encryption. AES-GCM-256 per packet, Curve25519 for key exchange
and cert signatures. The details for shared key derivation and
per-packet IV are based on the design used by Google's QUIC
protocol. Tools for simulating packet latency/loss, and detailed
stats measurement IPv6 support Peer-to-peer networking:
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- For RUN/BUILD depends:
- For LIB depends:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/net/gamenetworkingsockets/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install net/gamenetworkingsockets
- pkg install gamenetworkingsockets
- PKGNAME: gamenetworkingsockets
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1622554893
SHA256 (ValveSoftware-GameNetworkingSockets-v1.3.0_GH0.tar.gz) = f473789ae8a8415dd1f5473793775e68a919d27eba18b9ba7d0a14f254afddf9
SIZE (ValveSoftware-GameNetworkingSockets-v1.3.0_GH0.tar.gz) = 10921035
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmake : devel/cmake
- ninja : devel/ninja
- Library dependencies:
- libprotobuf.so : devel/protobuf
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 3
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|21 Jul 2021 18:11:52
devel/protobuf: Update to 3.17.3
- Bump PORTREVISION of dependent ports for shlib change
Exp-run by: antoine
|15 Jun 2021 12:25:17
net/gamenetworkingsockets: fix build on powerpc64*
powerpc64* architectures are also 64-bit.
|01 Jun 2021 15:03:55
net/gamenetworkingsockets: add new ports.
GameNetworkingSockets is Valve's semi-recently open-sourced networking
It supports a number of very useful features, including:
- Reliable & unreliable messages over UDP.
- Robust message fragmentation & reassembly.
- P2P networking / NAT traversal. Encryption.
Reported by: Karsten Pedersen <kpedersen at disroot.org>
Number of commits found: 3