- nss-pam-ldapd-sasl Advanced fork of nss_ldap with sasl support
- 0.9.12_1 net =0 0.9.12_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: zi@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2012-05-30 15:28:32
- Last Update: 2022-07-20 14:22:37
- Commit Hash: 6a378e5
- License: LGPL21 LGPL3
- nss-pam-ldapd, a Name Service Switch (NSS) module and
Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) that allows your
LDAP server to provide user account, group, host name,
alias, netgroup, and basically any other information that
you would normally get from /etc flat files or NIS. It also
allows you to do authentication to an LDAP server.
Key differences from nss_ldap:
* lighter NSS library
* lighter PAM library
* simpler internal semantics
* clear separation between NSS, PAM and LDAP code (the server
part could easily be implemented in another language)
* less connections to the LDAP server
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/net/nss-pam-ldapd-sasl/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install net/nss-pam-ldapd-sasl
- pkg install nss-pam-ldapd-sasl
- PKGNAME: nss-pam-ldapd-sasl
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1649433966
SHA256 (nss-pam-ldapd-0.9.12.tar.gz) = c6d661e74693cbf531a790631ca93b73f291fb23cc39465b09deb8da2bfb0e14
SIZE (nss-pam-ldapd-0.9.12.tar.gz) = 791983
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: net/nss-pam-ldapd
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Library dependencies:
- libldap.so.2 : net/openldap26-client
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for nss-pam-ldapd-sasl-0.9.12_1:
KERBEROS=on: Kerberos support
====> Options available for the multi MG1: you have to choose at least one of them
PAM=on: Build pam_ldap
NSS=on: Build nss support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- For install:
- LDAP and nslcd daemon parameters should be set in:
When upgrading review /usr/local/etc/nslcd.conf.sample for
additional or changed parameters.
WARNING: Be sure to set uid and gid configuration parameters to make nslcd run under unprivileged user.
To start nslcd add nslcd_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf and run:
# service nslcd start
If you also want to supervise the nslcd daemon
add nslcd_supervisor="YES" to rc.conf as well.
See the comments in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nslcd for additional tunables.
- WWW: https://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: net/nss-pam-ldapd|
20 Jul 2022 14:22:37
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
net: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Aaron Straup Cope <email@example.com>
* Aaron Zauner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Adam Jette <email@example.com>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Alan Eldridge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alex Bakhtin <Alex.Bakhtin@gmail.com>
* Alex Deiter <Alex.Deiter@Gmail.COM>
* Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
* Alex Dupre <email@example.com>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
02 Aug 2021 04:41:48
|Xin LI (delphij)
net/openldap24-client: bump all dependent port
In the earlier net/openldap24-server commit, only those which depend on
net/openldap24-sasl-client were bumped. Bumping all dependent port that
didn't get a bump to force a rebuild of these packages.
Suggested by: kib
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
24 Oct 2016 10:18:50
OPTIONS_SET/OPTIONS_UNSET are global variables, they cannot be used in ports
So, replace them with OPTIONS_SLAVE, OPTIONS_EXCLUDE, OPTIONS_DEFAULT,
The ghostscript ports are doing something nasty that is certainly wrong,
but I don't want to try to understand it.
Sponsored by: Absolight
09 Mar 2014 14:22:39
- Stage support
20 Sep 2013 22:10:25
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
16 Apr 2013 15:11:33
- Take MAINTAINERship
- Adjust style issues
- Add additional MASTER_SITES
Feature safe: yes
25 Jan 2013 05:15:44
Reset firstname.lastname@example.org: mailbox is full.
16 Jan 2013 00:32:48
- update to 0.8.12
- while here adopt optionsNG and trim historical header
Submitted by: email@example.com
Approved by: portmgr (tabthorpe)
30 May 2012 15:27:53
Add nss-pam-ldapd-sasl, advanced fork of nss_ldap with sasl support.
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org