- posadis "Domain Name Server (DNS) implementation"
- Maintainer: email@example.com
Port Added: 01 Apr 2003 02:43:24
License: not specified in port
Posadis is a DNS server project with the goal to create a free,
reliable, portable, fast, lightweight, easy to use, standards compliant,
and functionally complete, Domain Name System server implementation.
The Top-10 of most important Posadis features:
- Support for the standard DNS master file format. Posadis supports
some BIND extensions as well.
- Support for zone transfers. Posadis is able to answer both AXFR and IXFR
queries (though it always sends the complete zone), and it is able to act as
a secondary using AXFR and IXFR as well.
- Support for DNS NOTIFY to ensure fast zone change propagation.
- Support for most standard RR types: A, NS, MD, MF, CNAME, SOA, NULL, WKS,
PTR, HINFO, MX, TXT, RP, AFSDB, PX, AAAA, SRV, NAPTR, A6 and DNAME. Posadis
can also tunnel RR types it doesn't recognize.
- Support for many platforms: both Windows and Unix-like platforms such as
Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
- Support for IPv6: listning on IPv6 sockets for both Windows and Unix, and
support for AAAA and A6 resource records and bitstring labels.
- "Tunnel zones": forward queries to other nameservers.
- "Hint zones": hint to other nameservers. Posadis can automatically update the
nameserver list for hint zones.
- Support for both UDP and TCP: you can specify on which IP addresses and ports
you want Posadis to listen.
- A concise and up-to-date user manual describing all of Posadis' features in
SVNWeb : Homepage : PortsMon
There is no configure plist information for this port
No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
The package name of this deleted port was:
distinfo: There is no distinfo for this port.
There are no ports dependent upon this port
No options to configure
Number of commits found: 2
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|05 Sep 2003 07:41:36
Massive repo-copies request: net->dns (partly devel->dns)
The category "dns" has been added, now is the time to move
the dns-related ports to the new world. Is there anyone who
is brave enough to complete this difficult job? ;)
Submitted by: Kimura Fuyuki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Approved by: portmgr
|01 Apr 2003 02:38:25
net/posadis, another DNS server implementation
Add a new port - net/posadis. It is a new DNS server
implementation being actively developed at SourceForge.
Posadis is a DNS server project with the goal to create a
free, reliable, portable, fast, lightweight, easy to use,
standards compliant, and functionally complete, Domain Name
System server implementation.
Submitted by: Sergei Kolobov <email@example.com>
Number of commits found: 2
No vulnerabilities have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new