- samba33 A free SMB and CIFS client and server for UNIX
- 3.3.13_1 net
=10 3.3.13_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- DEPRECATED: Unsupported by the upstream. Please, consider to upgrade.
This port expired on: 2010-09-01
- Maintainer: timur@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2009-03-07 05:57:57
- Last Update: 2010-10-18 10:31:55
- SVN Revision: UNKNOWN
- People watching this port, also watch:: sudo, screen, phpMyAdmin-php74
- License: not specified in port
- Samba is an Open Source/Free Software suite that provides seamless file
and print services to SMB/CIFS clients.
Samba is freely available, unlike other SMB/CIFS implementations, and
allows for interoperability between Linux/Unix servers and Windows-based
SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
- The package name of this deleted port was:
- PKGNAME: samba
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- No package information in database for this port.
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake : devel/gmake
- autoconf-2.68 : devel/autoconf268
- Library dependencies:
- execinfo.1 : devel/libexecinfo
- cups.2 : print/cups-client
- popt.0 : devel/popt
- ldap-2.4.7 : net/openldap24-client
- iconv.3 : converters/libiconv
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for samba-3.3.13_1:
LDAP=on (default) "With LDAP support"
ADS=off (default) "With Active Directory support"
CUPS=on (default) "With CUPS printing support"
WINBIND=on (default) "With WinBIND support"
SWAT=off (default) "With SWAT WebGUI"
ACL_SUPPORT=off (default) "With ACL support"
AIO_SUPPORT=off (default) "With Asyncronous IO support"
FAM_SUPPORT=off (default) "With File Alteration Monitor"
SYSLOG=off (default) "With Syslog support"
QUOTAS=off (default) "With Disk quota support"
UTMP=off (default) "With UTMP accounting support"
PAM_SMBPASS=off (default) "With PAM authentication vs passdb backends"
DNSUPDATE=off (default) "With dynamic DNS update(require ADS)"
DNSSD=off (default) "With DNS service discovery support"
EXP_MODULES=off (default) "With experimental modules"
POPT=on (default) "With system-wide POPT library"
MAX_DEBUG=off (default) "With maximum debugging"
SMBTORTURE=off (default) "With smbtorture"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|18 Oct 2010 10:31:55
Remove expired ports:
2010-09-01 net/samba3: Unsupported by the upstream. Please, consider to upgrade.
2010-09-01 net/samba32: Unsupported by the upstream. Please, consider to
2010-09-01 net/samba33: Unsupported by the upstream. Please, consider to
|16 Oct 2010 11:52:47
|25 Sep 2010 01:29:23
Make samba* work with autoconf-2.67 on 6.x
I'm not entirely sure why it compiles on 7.x/8.x, but nevertheless, the
autoconf-specific parts to these patches absolutely need to go upstream.
|15 Sep 2010 18:35:24
Autotools update. Read ports/UPDATING 20100915 for details.
Approved by: portmgr (for Mk/bsd.port.mk part)
Tested by: Multiple -exp runs
|16 Jun 2010 15:30:53
Upgrade net/samba33 to the 3.33.13 release to address CVE-2010-2063.
|27 Mar 2010 00:15:24
Begin the process of deprecating sysutils/rc_subr by
s#. %%RC_SUBR%%#. /etc/rc.subr#
|05 Feb 2010 00:46:05
Major enhancements in Samba 3.3.10 include:
o Fix changing of ACLs on writable file with "dos filemode=yes" (bug #5202).
o Fix smbd crashes in dns_register_smbd_reply (bug #6696).
o Fix Winbind crashes when queried from nss (bug #6889).
o Fix Winbind crash when retrieving empty group members (bug #7014).
o Fix interdomain trusts with Win2008R2 (bug #6697).
|06 Nov 2009 02:53:07
Major enhancements in Samba 3.3.9 include:
o Fix trust relationships to windows 2008 (2008 r2) (bug #6711).
o Fix file corruption using smbclient with NT4 server (bug #6606).
o Fix Windows 7 share access (which defaults to NTLMv2) (bug #6680).
o Fix SAMR server for Winbind access (bug #6504).
|07 Oct 2009 01:54:16
-CVE-2009-2813: Misconfigured /etc/passwd file may share folders unexpectedly
-CVE-2009-2948: Information disclosure by setuid mount.cifs
-CVE-2009-2906: Remote DoS against smbd on authenticated connections
Security: CVE-2009-2813, CVE-2009-2948, CVE-2009-2906
|17 Aug 2009 01:46:14
Bump port version to Samba 3.3.7
|01 Aug 2009 23:44:59
|26 Jun 2009 01:21:57
Security update of net/samba33 to the version 3.3.6
In Samba 3.0.31 to 3.3.5 (inclusive), an uninitialized read of a
data value can potentially affect access control when "dos filemode"
is set to "yes".
|26 May 2009 00:09:41
Update net/samba33 to the 3.3.4 version. Major enhancements in Samba
o Fix domain logins for WinXP clients pre SP3 (bug #6263).
o Fix samr_OpenDomain access checks (bug #6089).
o Fix usrmgr.exe creating a user (bug #6243).
|07 Apr 2009 02:10:45
Update net/samba33 to the version 3.3.3. Major changes are:
o Migrating from 3.0.x to 3.3.x can fail to update passdb.tdb
correctly (bug #6195).
o Fix serving of files with colons to CIFS/VFS client (bug #6196).
o Fix "map readonly" (bug #6186).
|14 Mar 2009 23:22:54
New 3.3.2 version of Samba33 port.
Major enhancements in Samba 3.3.2 include:
* Fix "force group" (bug #6155).
* Fix saving of files on Samba share using MS Office 2007 (bug #6160).
* Fix guest authentication in setups with "security = share" and
"guest ok = yes" when Winbind is running.
* Fix corruptions of source path in tar mode of smbclient (bug #6161).
|07 Mar 2009 05:57:21
Submitted by: timur
Brand new version of Samba 3.3.1, the starter of the 3.3 series. New
features, new bugs. Enjoy!
Major enhancements in Samba 3.3 include:
o The passdb tdbsam version has been raised.
o Splitting of library directory into library directory and separate
o The default value of "ldap ssl" has been changed to "start tls".
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )