- pkg_search Nifty script searching the ports database
- 1.3 ports-mgmt =5 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2007-12-12 18:45:30
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: sudo, qemu, screen, openssl, portupgrade
- License: not specified in port
- pkg_search scans the ports INDEX file to use as a database, fetching it
if necessary. Example of usage to search for a package:
# pkg_search cyrus-sasl
cyrus-sasl-1.5.28_5 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
cyrus-sasl-ldapdb-2.1.22 SASL LDAPDB auxprop plugin
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.22 SASL authentication server for cyrus-sasl2
# pkg_search -i cyrus-sasl-2.1.22
Name : cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-50
Dir : /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2
Desc : RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
URL : http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg_search/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install ports-mgmt/pkg_search
- pkg install pkg_search
- PKGNAME: pkg_search
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- SHA256 (pkg_search-1.3.tar.gz) = b0e68601e6d66d3cc8d16a7285ec87e7b058721fa01fced11eebc9ffa2cdea6d
SIZE (pkg_search-1.3.tar.gz) = 2985
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- This port has no dependencies.
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:22:46
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
ports-mgmt: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* "Waitman Gobble" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <email@example.com>
* Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
* Alex Stangl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Anders F Bjorklund <email@example.com>
* Benjamin Lutz
* Brendan Molloy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Conrad J. Sabatier <email@example.com>
* Edwin Groothuis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt@FreeBSD.org>
* Gabriel Linder <email@example.com>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
01 Apr 2022 15:09:49
|Dmitry Marakasov (amdmi3)
*/*: fix trailing whitespace in pkg-descr's
Approved by: portmgr blanket
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
03 Nov 2016 12:56:30
ports-mgmt/pkg_search: Remove deprecation, but IGNORE on DragonFly
At the request of a user, further review reveal that the pkg_* tools
aren't actually used. It just awks the INDEX file. The maintainer
forgot the technical details, especially since the SEE ALSO section of
the man page references pkg_* tools.
A minor update is needed to re-support DragonFly and update the man
page. Until this, it's been marked IGNORE for DragonFly.
02 Nov 2016 18:30:55
ports-mgmt/pkg_search: deprecate and expire 30 Nov 2016
The author/maintainer confirmed that this tool has never been updated
to use pkg(8) and thus can be removed from the tree.
17 Jul 2014 08:57:51
Remove indefinite articles and trailing periods from COMMENT, plus
minor COMMENT typos and surrounding whitespace fixes. A few Makefiles
where not included as they contain Latin-1 characters that break
the Phabricator workflow. Categories P-S.
Approved by: portmgr (bapt)
13 Mar 2014 13:37:36
20 Sep 2013 22:36:49
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
18 Mar 2011 17:59:51
- Get Rid MD5 support
With hat: portmgr (myself)
30 Aug 2009 23:24:22
- Update to 1.3.
Submitted by: Sylvio Cesar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Approved by: Matthias Schmidt <email@example.com>
12 Dec 2007 18:45:15
Add pkg_search 1.2, a nifty script searching the ports database.
Submitted by: Matthias Schmidt