- ebsnvme-id Exposes information about NVMe disks on EC2
- 1.0.2 sysutils =0 1.0.2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: cperciva@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-05-05 03:21:01
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- This is a replacement for the "ebsnvme-id" tool in Amazon Linux, with
the addition of handling for Instance Store disks and devd+rc.d scripts
for maintaining a /dev/aws/disk/ hierarchy of useful symlinks.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/sysutils/ebsnvme-id/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install sysutils/ebsnvme-id
- pkg install ebsnvme-id
- PKGNAME: ebsnvme-id
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1654030368
SHA256 (cperciva-ebsnvme-id-1.0.2_GH0.tar.gz) = 4a6c2830cfd896ad63e6cbc35590ac4e4cfbf801263e9634f489ed61140442c8
SIZE (cperciva-ebsnvme-id-1.0.2_GH0.tar.gz) = 4806
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- This port has no dependencies.
- This port is required by:
- for Run
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- For install:
- To enable the creation of the /dev/aws/disk/ hierarchy, add
dev_aws_disk_enable=YES to /etc/rc.conf.
- WWW: https://github.com/cperciva/ebsnvme-id
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
01 Sep 2022 13:52:16
|Rene Ladan (rene)
cleanup: remove support for FreeBSD 13.0 which expired today.
- Mk/bsd.port.mk: mark 13.0 as unsupported
- Tools/scripts/portsearch: Drop support for FreeBSD <= 4
- archivers/zstd: revert "Fix build on FreeBSD 13.0"
- deskutils/xdg-desktop-portal: remove check for 13.0
- devel/libpeas: remove outdated comment
- editors/imhex: remove compatibility for 13.0
- editors/libreoffice: remove compatibility for 13.0
- editors/openoffice-4: remove compatibility for 13.0
- editors/openoffice-devel: remove compatibility for 13.0
- emulators/linux_base-c7: remove compatiblity for 13.0
- graphics/drm-kmod: remove detection for 13.0
- graphics/gpu-firmware-amd-kmod: do not check 13.0 anymore
- graphics/linux-c7-libdrm: remove support for 13.0(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
08 Jun 2022 22:39:47
|Colin Percival (cperciva)
sysutils/ebsnvme-id: Update to 1.0.2
This stops the devd script from creating symlinks under /dev/aws/disk/
which point at nvd symlinks; now they'll consistently point at the
actual (nda) devices.
16 Oct 2021 09:51:39
|Jimmy Olgeni (olgeni)
*: fix tab vs. space issues, and comments according to the guide.
07 Apr 2021 08:09:01
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
One more small cleanup, forgotten yesterday.
Reported by: lwhsu
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
21 Oct 2020 20:22:35
sysutils/ebsnvme-id: simplify check for supported versions after 11.3 EOL
06 Oct 2020 03:22:36
Update ebsnvme-id to 1.0.1.
This adds a missing #include and should fix the build on FreeBSD 11.4.
13 May 2020 05:03:04
Use uidfix in sysutils/ebsnvme-id
07 May 2020 21:39:31
IGNORE on FreeBSD without NVME_GET_NSID.
05 May 2020 03:20:55
Add ebsnvme-id 1.0.
This duplicates the functionality of the ebsnvme-id tool in Amazon Linux,
and also provides information about Instance Store disks and maintains
a tree /dev/aws/disk/ of useful symlinks.
Sponsored by: https://www.patreon.com/cperciva