Odamex is a free and open source port for the classic first-person-shooter
Doom. Odamex's goal is to emulate the feel of and retain many aspects of the
original Doom executables while offering a broader expanse of security
features, personal configuration, gameplay options, and editing features.
Odamex can run on a wide range of operating systems and hardware, so players
should be able to play on almost any platform. Features:
* The popular ZDoom 1.22 core engine and CSDoom 0.62 core netcode.
* Compatability with many major operating systems, including Windows, Linux,
FreeBSD and Mac OSX.
* Core gameplay modeled on the original doom2.exe.
* Streamlined WAD loading, allowing the server and clients to load WAD files
on the fly without needing to restart the client or server.
* Compatability with Boom, MBF and CTF Standard maps.
* Deathmatch, Cooperative, Team Deathmatch and CTF gametypes.
* Jumping, Mouselook and other non-standard features available as server-side
* Comprehensive cheat and exploit countermeasures.
* An open source code base licensed under the GPL, available for anyone to
examine, compile, or modify to their liking.