Update lang/pypy-devel to 2.4.0.
Release update for further testing by community.
- Reduced internal copying of bytearray operations
- Tweak the internal structure of StringBuilder to speed up large string
handling, which becomes advantageous on large programs at the cost of
slightly slower small benchmark type programs.
- Move to a mixed polling and mutex GIL model that make mutlithreaded jitted
code run much faster
- Remove ctypes pythonapi and ctypes.PyDLL, which never worked on PyPy
- Fix performance regression on ufunc(<scalar>, <scalar>) in numpy
- Classes in the ast module are now distinct from structures used by the
compiler, which simplifies and speeds up translation of our source code to
the PyPy binary interpreter
- Upgrade stdlib from 2.7.5 to 2.7.8
Fix lang/pypy-devel's sysconfig.py file.
In python the 'purelib' and 'platlib' paths should contain 'site-packages'
however the original pypy code does not thus the patch did not either however
this is not consistent with distutils/sysconfig.py.
(Only the first 10 of 19 ports in this commit are shown above. )
Add lang/pypy-devel for non-stable releases of PyPy.
pypy-devel is intended as a staging ground for beta releases and - while
no beta releases are available - snapshots of pypy default branch.
While introducing pypy-devel to build logic has been reworked to better
accomodate pypy3. The lib-python/2.7 and lib_pypy folders are not renamed
after extraction (with only symbolic links used to emulate the structure).
PyPy still expects the standard structure and the symbolic links satisfy
The devel port was requested by mva@ to better support commercial clients.