Base-class for SOAP implementations Maintained by:perl@FreeBSD.org Port Added: 12 Jan 2008 16:40:36 Also Listed In:perl5 License: ART10 GPLv1
This module handles the SOAP protocol. The first implementation is SOAP1.1
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/), which is still most often
used. The SOAP1.2 definition (http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12/) is quite
different; this module tries to define a sufficiently abstract interface to
hide the protocol differences.
Be aware that there are three kinds of SOAP:
1. Document style (literal) SOAP, where there is a WSDL file which explicitly
types all out-going and incoming messages. Very easy to use.
2. RPC style SOAP literal. The WSDL file is not explicit about the content of
the messages, but all messages must be schema defined types.
3. RPC style SOAP encoded. The sent data is nowhere described formally. The data
is transported in some ad-hoc way.
- Replace ../../authors in MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR with CPAN:CPANID macro.
See http://wiki.freebsd.org/Perl for details.
- Change maintainership from ports@ to perl@ for ports in this changeset.
- Remove MD5 checksum