- zlib-ng Fork of the zlib data compression library
- 2.0.6 archivers =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: lbartoletti@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2022-01-25 07:39:07
- Last Update: 2022-01-25 06:35:22
- Commit Hash: 45ab80b
- License: ZLIB
- Zlib replacement with optimizations for next generation systems.
The motivation for this fork came after seeing several 3rd party contributions
containing new optimizations not getting implemented into the official zlib
Mark Adler has been maintaining zlib for a very long time, and he has done a
great job and hopefully he will continue for a long time yet.
The idea of zlib-ng is not to replace zlib, but to co-exist as a drop-in
replacement with a lower threshold for code change.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/archivers/zlib-ng/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install archivers/zlib-ng
- pkg install zlib-ng
- PKGNAME: zlib-ng
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1641394914
SHA256 (zlib-ng-zlib-ng-2.0.6_GH0.tar.gz) = 8258b75a72303b661a238047cb348203d88d9dddf85d480ed885f375916fcab6
SIZE (zlib-ng-zlib-ng-2.0.6_GH0.tar.gz) = 817951
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmake : devel/cmake
- ninja : devel/ninja
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 1
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|25 Jan 2022 06:35:22
|Loïc Bartoletti (lbartoletti)
archivers/minizip*: Add minizip-ng and zlib-ng and create USES=minizip
Import minizip-ng and zlib-ng
Minizip was originally developed in 1998. It was first included in the zlib
distribution as an additional code contribution starting in zlib 1.1.2. Since
that time, it has been continually improved upon and contributed to by many
+ Creating and extracting zip archives.
+ Adding and removing entries from zip archives.
+ Read and write raw zip entry data.
+ Reading and writing zip archives from memory.
+ Zlib, BZIP2, LZMA, and ZSTD compression methods.
+ Password protection through Traditional PKWARE and WinZIP AES encryption.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
Number of commits found: 1