- postgresql-plpython A module for using Python to write SQL functions
- 8.3.22_2 databases
=3 8.3.22_2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- DEPRECATED: End-of-life is coming up
This port expired on: 2013-03-01
- Maintainer: rm@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2004-11-06 14:52:04
- Last Update: 2013-01-20 10:06:54
- SVN Revision: 310678
- People watching this port, also watch:: p5-Time-Piece
- Also Listed In: python
- License: not specified in port
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- SVNWeb :
git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
- The package name of this deleted port was:
- PKGNAME: postgresql-plpython
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- No package information for this port in our database
- Master port: databases/postgresql83-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- python2.7 : lang/python27
- gmake : devel/gmake
- Runtime dependencies:
- postgres : databases/postgresql83-server
- python2.7 : lang/python27
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: databases/postgresql83-server|
|20 Jan 2013 10:06:54
Split out postgresql-python port on to bunch of PostgreSQL version-dependent
so the packages can be built with different versions of PostgreSQL. The patch is
from crees@ with couple additions from me. It has some problems that prevents
build with python3, but it was decided that it's better to add this as starting
point. Maintainership of this port also was passed to pgsql@ team.
Reported by: many
Approved by: pgsql (crees)
|04 Jun 2012 19:27:20
- make it build against PostgreSQL 9.0 by default, since
this is an default version in ports tree at the moment
- bump PORTREVISION
|10 Nov 2011 22:20:18
Change email for my ports to FreeBSD one.
Approved by: novel (mentor)
Feature safe: yes
|26 Oct 2011 15:09:26
- Fix plist when postgresql-plpython installed for postgresql 9.1 and
postgresql-plpython built with python 3+
Submitted by: sunpoet
Approved by: Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <email@example.com> (maintainer), girgen
|02 Oct 2011 20:07:40
- Unbreak postgresql-plpython: allow build with threaded python
- Pass maintainership to submitter
Submitted by: Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|05 Apr 2011 06:29:48
Mark as BROKEN, needs threaded Python to configure
Submitted by: local tinderbox build
|04 Apr 2011 18:03:25
Bump PostgreSQL dependency to 8.4 which is the default in bsd.databases.mk
This fixes the port.
|06 Jun 2008 13:17:10
Bump portrevision due to upgrade of devel/gettext.
The affected ports are the ones with gettext as a run-dependency
according to ports/INDEX-7 (5007 of them) and the ones with USE_GETTEXT
in Makefile (29 of them).
Submitted by: edwin@
Approved by: portmgr (pav)
|04 Aug 2007 11:41:31
- Remove the DESTDIR modifications from individual ports as we have a new,
fully chrooted DESTDIR, which does not need such any more.
Sponsored by: Google Summer of Code 2007
Approved by: portmgr (pav)
|04 Mar 2007 02:12:36
dd@ has had his port bit taken for safekeeping. Therefore, return these
to the pool.
|06 Dec 2006 16:47:28
More rubust regex to determine which version of postgresql that is
|03 Feb 2005 09:30:27
In order to address a potential security hole recently identified with
the "LOAD" option, the PostgreSQL Global Development Group is
announcing the release of new versions of PostgreSQL.
Update to 7.3.9, 7.4.7 & 8.0.1.
Take the opportunity to reset PORTREVISION of slave ports.
Back out name change of startup script. The new script uses rc.subr(8),
and as such also uses rcorder(8). But, rcorder does not exist in FreeBSD
4.x. Hence rename the script it back to the top of the directory
The periodic script should of course be executable. 
 Noted by Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen <ncbp at bank-pedersen dot dk>
 Noted by Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer at fernuni-hagen dot de>
|31 Jan 2005 01:58:58
|31 Jan 2005 00:35:56
Split the postgresql ports into a server and a client part.
All ports depending on postgresql shall use the USE_PGSQL=yes knob
defined in Mk/bsd.ports.mk. Bumping portrevisions where needed.
Approved by: portmgr@ (kris), ade & sean (mentors)
|06 Nov 2004 14:41:04
A port for the PL/Python module that comes with Postgres