- postgresql10-plperl Write SQL functions for PostgreSQL using Perl5
- 10.22 databases =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2017-08-10 14:23:49
- Last Update: 2022-07-20 14:21:07
- Commit Hash: d076ad9
- Also Listed In: perl5
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- – – – –
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql10-plperl/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install databases/postgresql10-plperl
- pkg install postgresql10-plperl
- PKGNAME: postgresql10-plperl
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1659997986
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-10.22.tar.bz2) = 955977555c69df1a64f44b81d4a1987eb74abbd1870579f5ad9d946133dd8e4d
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-10.22.tar.bz2) = 19455874
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql10-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- perl5>=5.32.r0<5.33 : lang/perl5.32
- Runtime dependencies:
- postgres : databases/postgresql10-server
- perl5>=5.32.r0<5.33 : lang/perl5.32
- Library dependencies:
- libreadline.so.8 : devel/readline
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- perl5 readline tar:bzip2 cpe gmake compiler
- For install:
- PL/Perl has been installed. Check the createlang(l) manpage for more
info. You can install PL/Perl as trusted or untrusted, by using either
"createlang plperl" or "createlang plperlu".
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 7
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: databases/postgresql10-server|
20 Jul 2022 14:21:07
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
databases: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* "Choe, Cheng-Dae" whitekid
* "Mahdi Mokhtari <email@example.com>"
* "Meikel Brandmeyer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <email@example.com>
* Alan Snelson <Alan@Wave2.org>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 May 2021 14:38:55
|Palle Girgensohn (girgen)
databases/postgresql14-*: Add postgresql 14 beta1 the the ports tree.
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/release-14.html
Also reintroduce parallel builds. Some components, namely plperl,
plpython, pltcl and contrib, fail to build properly when using parallel
builds. Something with static linking using `ar` that fails.
MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE is set for these ports.
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
24 Sep 2020 13:33:10
Welcome PostgreSQL 13
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/2077/
17 May 2020 20:37:04
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released an update to all
supported versions of our database system, including 12.3, 11.8, 10.13,
9.6.18, and 9.5.22. This release fixes one security issue found in the
PostgreSQL server and over 75 bugs reported over the last three months.
Please plan to update at your earliest convenience.
Update the backup warning text. 
Add plpython and plperl libs for hstore, jsonb and ltree for the versions where
they exist. These libs are added to the postgresql??-plpython and -plperl
ports, inspired by .
PR: 237910 , 245246 
Submitted by: Francesco , Loic Bartoletti 
08 Aug 2019 15:33:03
iThe PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released an update to all
supported versions of our database system, including 11.5, 10.10,
9.6.15, 9.5.19, and 9.4.24, as well as the third beta of PostgreSQL 12.
This release fixes two security issues in the PostgreSQL server, two
security issues found in one of the PostgreSQL Windows installers, and
over 40 bugs reported since the previous release.
Users should install these updates as soon as possible.
A Note on the PostgreSQL 12 Beta
In the spirit of the open source PostgreSQL community, we strongly
encourage you to test the new features of PostgreSQL 12 in your database
systems to help us eliminate any bugs or other issues that may exist.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
10 Aug 2017 14:23:31
Add PostgreSQL-10 to the ports tree
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group announces today that the
third beta release of PostgreSQL 10 is available for download. This
release contains previews of all of the features which will be
available in the final release of version 10, including fixes to many
of the issues found in the second beta. Users are encouraged to begin
testing their applications against 10 beta3.
Number of commits found: 7